People ask me all the time "Why Play Tennis?" These are a few of the reasons that I suggest:
- It's fun
- It's social
- It improves fitness and promotes a healthy lifestyle
- It's easy to find a league to join
- It is a lifetime sport
- Helps concentration and focus
- Most players that play as little as once a week can enjoy a better life style
- It is difficult to play tennis and overeat or smoke
- Tennis players tend to be goal oriented and set objectives
- Tennis forces you to move, remember the saying "Move it or lose it?"
- It is very inexpensive. With a just a one time purchase of a racquet (typically under $100.00) and a couple cans of balls (approx. $3.00 each)
- Tennis courts are everywhere, especially schools and public courts.
- Even if you do not want to join a club there are many tournaments open to the public through the year.
- The U.S.T.A. (United States Tennis Association) league is formed for players of all levels and ages. These leagues are joined at minimal cost.
- Your entire family can play
- Junior tournaments are held for every level of player and age.
- The U.S.T.A. has starter programs for all entry level players. Contact the U.S.T.A. online for more information
- It doesn't take a lot of time, usually a match lasts 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
Good luck on the courts!