Of course, you know all the steps you take to make yourself attractive for an event, date, party, etc. It might start with staying in shape, taking a shower, taking care of your hygiene, applying makeup, trimming your hair, choosing an outfit, etc.
These are some ways to make yourself attractive, (tennis wise), to your doubles partner:
- Arrive to court a little early and be ready to start the match on time.
- Get your first serve in and placed to the backhand.
- Keep a majority of your service returns, ground strokes, approach shots and mid-court volleys cross-court.
- Cover a majority of your own overheads.
- Do not use a lob as your main weapon.
- Cover up more of the center of the court and force your opponents to hit to the lower percentage outside shots.
- Communicate in a positive way only.
- Know your opponent's position at all times, that is how you decide which shot to hit and where to hit it.
- When you are in the offensive hit to the closest opponent to you.
- When you are in the defensive hit to the furthest opponent from you.
- Keep your shots at your opponent's feet, force them to hit up, and then attack.
- Hit your low volleys back to the deep player and hit your high volleys to the closest opponent.
- Keep your feet moving the entire point, especially if the ball is being hit by your partner.
- Keep up with the score.
- Compliment your partner.
Good luck on the courts!