Poaching - The art of intercepting a ball that is not necessarily on
your half of the court and placing it for a winner.
- It's fun.
- It takes pressure off your partner.
- It places pressure on the other team.
- It forces your opponents into hitting low percentage shots.
- It's much more aerobic than just standing there.
- It causes your opponent to hesitate from hitting their standard
cross court returns.
- The few shots you let go down your alley cannot compare to the
80% of the shots which go cross court.
- You can poach off many shots, not just off of server returns.
- You become a legal visual distraction to your opponents.
- You can fake a poach and be just as effective.