Poaching is the art of intercepting a ball that is not necessarily on your half of the court and placing it for a winner.
- It's fun
- It takes pressure off your partner
- It places pressure on the other team
- It forces your opponents into hitting low-percentage shots
- It's much more aerobic than just standing there
- It causes your opponent to hesitate from hitting their standard cross-court returns
- The few shots you let go down your alley cannot compare to the 80 percent of the shots which go cross-court
- You can poach off many shots, not just off of serve returns
- You become a legal visual distraction to your opponents
- You can fake a poach and be just as effective.
Good luck on the court!