[tennisbiz] Re: Challenge Ladder Rules
I would welcome anyone to check out our rules by following the
ladder links at
Our ladder has hundreds of matches a year.
Here are some tricks to make ladders work successfully:
1. Try to have any leagues that you run become ladder leagues,
thereby assuring your ladder of built in matches, and league
players have built in ladder results.
2. Travelling tournaments: set up a draw of players who want to
play in the ladder tournament. They all must be members of the
ladder. All matches in the tournament count as ladder matches.
Post the draw on the internet or mail them out. HAve the
participants call their opponents and arrange a match. It may take
a couple months for a draw of 16 to finish, but there isn't a big rush.
3. Have ladder round robins where all participants must be ladder
members. The matches should be pro sets and all pro sets count
as ladder matches.
4. Have an end of season tournament for the top 8 available players
who have played at least 10 matches. Use trophies or prize money
raised by the ladder.
5. Have at least two levels of ladders so that everyone has a
chance of being a top contender and qualify for the end of season
Director of Tennis
phone: 518-356-0100 ext 16
Received on Mon Jun 11 2001 - 09:07:35 CDT