<x-charset iso-8859-1>Last month my son (14 1/2 years old - playing 1st grade competitive tennis
in Brazil), started complain about the stringing in his raquets was loosing
tension. (he uses 61 pounds). After a number of changings of stringers we
detected the problem with Toalson Sinthetic goat - titanium string, loosing
around 4 pounds of tension after 48 hours (considering the hot summer in
Brazil). We changed the string to Prince Sinthetic goat and so far he is no
longer complaining about the same problem).
To this forum I would like to introduce the following points:
1. What is the best tension for teenagers to play?
2. What is the difference between types of string?
3. How often should a string be replaced without break?
4. How much the heat affects the tension of the string?
5. Normally the raquet manufactures says the tension limit for a raquet is
60 pounds. I have heard some pro players use up to 70 pounds. Who is right?
S_o Paulo Brazil
Received on Mon Mar 18 2002 - 09:12:28 CST