[tennisbiz] Re: Old tennis balls
A million and one uses for old balls... well, maybe not that many but
here are a couple of suggestions:
1. cut them in half and use them as targets, if you are a teaching pro
2. funny balls: cut a smiley mouth into the ball with a knife and
stencyl some red lips, big blue eyes (with eye balls going in different
directions!) and the hairstyle of your preference with another colour.
Kids and adults alike just melt at the sight of these cute little things
that I give away as presents.
3. local community tennis programs are sometimes desperate for balls and
would be happy for anything that is round and remotely bouncy.
4. not sure about this one but I know that the ITF gratefully accept old
racket donations for their tennis programs in developing countries.
Maybe somebody knows if they also need balls.
5. local dog kennels might need toys for their guests.
Hope that helps
Received on Tue Mar 09 2004 - 10:05:26 CST