[tennisbiz] Re: Tennis Coaching Excellence
There are so many qualities that define a good tennis coach. Below I will
list some I feel are very important and I know I will leave some out, but
you should get a good response from your question and receive many answers.
A good teacher will always make sure that the interest of the student comes
This person should be:
5. Continue to strive for excellence by educating oneself on the game,
teaching methods, training, nutrition, etc.
7. Positive & Energetic Attitude
8. Honest & Trustworthy
9. Lead by Example
10. Hard Worker
14. Sense of Humor
15. Certified in some manner as proof of knowledge
A bad coach would possess very few of the above qualities.
Some qualities I feel a poor teacher possesses are:
2. Know-it-All Attitude
3. Loud and Abusive
4. Use Students accomplishments for personal gain in unethical manner
7. Poor communication skills
8. Bad Mouths other teaching professionals and coaches
9. Does no continuing education or study of current methology of the game
and fitness training.
Ron Woods, USPTA
Received on Wed Jul 27 2005 - 09:26:35 CDT