Between The Lines
Contact Ray Bowers
Latest Between The Lines Article
Between The Lines Archives:
2003 - 2013
August 1998 - 2003
1995 - May 1998
Do You Want To Be A Better Tennis Player? Then Sign Up For A Free Subscription to the Tennis Server INTERACTIVE|
You will join 25,000 other subscribers in receiving news of updates to the Tennis Server along with monthly tennis tips from tennis pro Tom Veneziano that won't be found on the web site.
Best of all, it is free!
Top Pros (Women)
||EXPLORE THE TENNIS NET:
Tennis Server Between The Lines / Higdon's Net Game Archive 1995 - May 1998
Between The Lines Columns by Joel Drucker:
- May 23, 1998 Between the Lines: 1998 French Open Preview and Predictions: Welcome To Paris: An All-Star Cast & A Cast Of Thousands
- April 1, 1998 Between the Lines: Now, What?
- January 17, 1998 Between the Lines: Though A Blunder, Down Under Still Inspires Wonder
- December 4, 1997 Between the Lines: The Tennis Times, They Are A-Changin'
- September 11, 1997 Between the Lines: Wide Open Open = Shape Of Things To Come
- August 23, 1997 Between the Lines: 1997 US Open Preview and Predictions
- July 16, 1997 Between the Lines: 1997 Wimbledon Review and Wrap-Up
- June 19, 1997 Between the Lines: 1997 Wimbledon Preview and Predictions
- June 13, 1997 Between the Lines: 1997 French Open Review: Remains Of The Clay
- May 24, 1997 Between the Lines: 1997 French Open Preview and Predictions
- May 12, 1997 Between the Lines: Just What Is The Nuveen Tour?
- April 23, 1997 Between the Lines: What Makes Hingis A Champion
Higdon's Net Game Columns by David Higdon:
- March 31, 1997 Net Game: Down But Never Out
- January 27, 1997 Netgame: 1997 Australian Open Review
- January 10, 1997 Netgame: 1997 Australian Open Preview
- December 11, 1996 Netgame: 1996 Power Rankings
- November 12, 1996 Netgame: Adios and Sayonara
- October 2, 1996 Netgame: Questions from the Net: Your Top Ten Questions to Pete Sampras
- September 8, 1996 Netgame: 1996 U.S. Open Wrap-Up
- August 25, 1996 Netgame: 1996 U.S. Open Predictions
- July 8, 1996 Netgame: 1996 Wimbledon Review and Parting Shots
- June 26, 1996 Netgame: 1996 Wimbledon Preview
- June 10, 1996 Netgame: 1996 French Open Wrap-up: Kafelnikov Proves He's The "Best"
- May 24, 1996 Netgame: 1996 French Open Preview
- May 11, 1996 Netgame: To Timmy, from Higgy
- April 15, 1996 Netgame: Verbal Volleys: Some random thoughts and observations from the tennis circuit
- March 8, 1996 Netgame: Reader Rally - More From the Masses
- February 17, 1996 Netgame: Reader Rally - Hingis' Hopes, Muster's Ranking, Chang's Chances, etc.
- January 29, 1996 Netgame: 1996 Australian Open Wrap-Up
- January 13, 1996 Netgame: 1996 Australian Open Preview & Predictions
- December 5, 1995 Netgame: 1995 Season Wrap-Up
- September 28, 1995 Netgame: Reader Rally - Clearing Out My In Box
- September 10, 1995 Netgame: 1995 U.S. Open Wrap-Up
- August 24, 1995 Netgame: 1995 U.S. Open Preview & Predictions
- August 7, 1995 Netgame: A Conversation with Mary Pierce
- July 24, 1995 Netgame: Monica Seles, the Sequel; Reader Rally
- July 10, 1995 Netgame: 1995 Wimbledon Wrap Up; Verbal Volleys; Reader Rally
Between The Lines Archives:
1995 - May 1998 | August 1998 - 2003 | 2004 - 2013
If you have not already signed up to receive our free e-mail
newsletter Tennis Server INTERACTIVE, you can sign up here.
You will receive notification each month of changes at the Tennis
Server and news of new columns posted on our site.
This column is copyrighted by Ray Bowers, all rights reserved.
Following interesting military and civilian careers, Ray became a regular
competitor in the senior divisions, reaching official rank of #1 in the 75
singles in the Mid-Atlantic Section for 2002. He was boys' tennis coach for four
years at Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology, Virginia, where
the team three times reached the state Final Four. He was named Washington
Post All-Metropolitan Coach of the Year in 2003. He is now researching a history
of the early pro tennis wars, working mainly at U.S. Library of Congress. A
tentative chapter, which appeared on Tennis Server, won a second-place award
from U.S. Tennis Writers Association.
Questions and comments about these columns can be directed to Ray by using this form.